Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Plan, Part 2: Matt

But wait, there's more!

I'll have a few things to do in Mexico as well.

In August, I'll take a "Spanish Language for Ministry" immersion course through CETLALIC, a language school located in Cuernavaca, a town about 50 miles south of Mexico City.  Apparently the first exam in the program is to get yourself, a non-Spanish-speaking gringo, from Mexico City to your host family's residence in Cuernavaca via bus and taxi (and meet and greet the host family and all that) without your fluent-in-Spanish wife's assistance.  Nice.

In September I'll begin taking four seminary courses at the ELCA's Lutheran Center in Mexico City as part of a Mexico Semester Program administered by Luther Seminary.  (But I'll miss the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago...  there, that should balance out the publicity.)  This is actually the first time they've done a full semester program at the Lutheran Center in Mexico City, so we're all interested to see what it'll be like.

I'll finish up this program in December, and then Chris and I will head to Guadalajara, where I've no idea what I'll do yet.  But it's kind of nice, actually, only having to think about six months ahead.  The spring will have enough troubles of its own....

1 comment:

From Chicago with Love said...

But what about the food!!?!...You are my hero...keep it up!